We’ve updated each of the DOT Placards apps a couple of times in the last few months but have been remiss in not posting about the changes.
The big change in the free DOT Placards is that we took out the ads. They were not making us any money to speak of and made the code more complicated and harder to maintain so we just decided to do away with them. We never heard any complaints from users but, as a user myself, I always prefer NOT to see ads if I don’t have to.
In addition, we’ve been improving the common code here and there and continuing to make both products more reliable.
Specifically, for both apps:
- Allow the app to be moved to an SD card.
- Added some code to encourage ratings and comments.
- Fixed a rare problem with opening the ERG data that has been seen once so far in the field and reported to us as a crash.
And, for DOT Placards Plus:
- Fixed a bug in the Edit Placards screen that was causing crashing.
- Fixed a bug that caused a re-search when phone rotation occurred in the Search Results Screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused the location tracker to remain on after the map view was exited.
- Fixed issue where a MyPlacards entry without a pin couldn’t be deleted.